Children's Voice (School Council)
Junior Leadership Team Elections!
This week (WC 24.9.18), we are holding our Junior Leadership Team elections and each of the KS1 and KS2 classes will elect a representative to the council by secret ballot.
What do the Junior Leadership Team do?
The Junior Leadership Team take part in lots of activities including:
• Listening to the views and concerns of other pupils;
• Representing these concerns to teachers, Mr. Hayward-Mitchell and other adults;
• Coming up with ideas to help improve the school and make decisions;
• Thinking of ways to contribute locally and globally;
• Fundraise for charities;
• Having the responsibility for a budget;
Being in the Junior Leadership Team is a very responsible position as you have to have a lot of sensible ideas and sometimes have to do things in your lunch times. However, it is your chance to play an important part in our Beeston community. You may feel a little nervous about putting yourself up for election but it is exciting to see what happens when people share their ideas, so be brave!
If you think you would like to represent your class, the next step is the election process!
People who would like to run for election will present their speeches to their class explaining:
1. Why they would like to be in the Junior Leadership Team;
2. What issues they think are important;
3. How they will work to represent the ideas of the class.
To make it fair, there will be a vote so that everyone can decide who will best represent them. This will be recorded on a secret ballot. You do not have to tell anyone who you have voted for!
The ballots will then be collected and counted and the newly elected Junior Leadership Team will be announced at a special assembly.
You may feel a little nervous about putting yourself up for election but it is exciting to see what happens when people share their ideas so be brave!
Best of luck with your campaigns. I am very excited to see what ideas you come up with to help improve John Clifford School.
All About Us
The Junior Leadership Team work together to help make this school the very best it can be. We meet regularly to discuss projects and make things happen while representing the views of all the children at JC!
- We make sure that everyone has a voice and an opinion.
- As a team of children, staff and governors, we work together to make positive and important changes to our school.
- We aim to role model good behavior and to encourage other children to follow the JC Promises.