Pupil and PE Premium
Pupil Premium 2017
The Pupil Premium Grant is allocated funding to schools for pupils from low-income families. Funding is based on children who are registered for Free School Meals (FSM) or have been registered for FSM within the last 6 years. The funding is also available for children that have been Looked After by the Local Authority for more than six months.
Pupils in receipt of Pupil Premium funding have their attainment monitored every half term to ensure they are making sufficient progress and that the interventions delivered by the teachers and teaching assistants are resulting in accelerated progress.
You can register for Pupil Premium funding by following the instructions:-
- Log onto the Nottinghamshire County Council website http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk.
- In the search box type ‘Free School Meals’.
- Click on ‘Free School Meals and Milk’.
- Scroll down the page and click on ‘register and apply online’. This will take you to the citizens portal.
- Register and follow the instructions to apply for free school meals and milk.
John Clifford School receives funding each year to improve provision for PE and sport within the school. This money is from the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and has been ‘ring-fenced’ which means it can only be spent on sport provision and not on any other areas in the school. We can use this money to:
- Employ specialist P.E. teachers/coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching P.E.
- Provide new or additional sports clubs
- Pay for professional development
- Pay for cover to release teachers for development
- Run sports competitions
- Buy materials and resources for P.E./sport