Welcome to Year Three!
Meet the Team
Mrs Pacey - Raccoon Class Teacher (Monday - Wednesday)
Mrs Argent - Raccoon Class Teacher (Wednesday - Friday)
Miss Wain - Meerkat Class Teacher
Miss Haywood - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Bailey - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Hawker - Specialist Reading Teacher
Mrs Barrs - Specialist Maths Teacher
Mrs Howes and Mrs Pounder - PPA Cover Teachers
Translating the School Website
Please support your child in completing their weekly homework and choosing one of the additional activities on the homework grid to complete. The homework can be completed in any order and may be brought into school for us to see if you wish.
- Reading with your child at least 3 times a week. Please remember to write in their Reading Diary too. Use their targets at the front of their Reading Diary as a focus for your reading together.
- Practise weekly spellings and Year 3 key words.
- It would be great if you could do some research, in a library or online, about the Ancient Egyptians.
- Take opportunities to measure lengths (m/cm/mm), mass (kg/g) and volume/capacity (l/ml), using recipes would be a great place to start.
- Encourage your children to practise their 3 and 4 times tables, you can find lots of fun, free games at https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/times-tables.
- As we will be focusing on multiplication and division, grouping and sharing objects would support the children’s learning.
What are we learning about this week?
This week in maths we will be subtracting 3-digit numbers to/from 3-digit numbers.
To assist our calculations we will be using lots of different methods such as column addition, drawing HTO columns and using counters.
If you would like to have a go at home this is a great website to apply the methods you have learned to different problems.
Watch the video below to support your learning.
As part of our 'Anti Bullying Week' work, we will be thinking about our emotions and feelings. We will be looking at the short film below and using it as a stimulus for our writing work.