Day 4. Another amazing day where the children have challenged themselves and achieved things they never thought possible.
Day 3 of Kingswood. Enjoy some rather more professional looking shots taken by Mr Morris of the children enjoying a plethora of exciting activities.
A great first couple of days at Kingswood. The children are all EXHAUSTED after 2 full-on days of activities. They're having a great time!
Happy Half Term everybody! Have a lovely, well-earned rest. Here is information about what we would like the children to be doing over the half-term break.
Our trip to the New Art Exchange and St. Mary's Church was a really interesting and informative way to wind up the topic. Thank to Serena's mum and Theo's mum for coming along and making the trip possible.
We had an amazing afternoon cooking and eating a veritable feast of foods from two Commonwealth countries: India and Jamaica. Thanks to the Serena's mum and the kitchen staff for making this day possible!
Year 6 are currently building up to running The Daily Mile. We are thrilled with the progress that the children are making!
Blue Birds Parents' Reading Morning this week. It was lovely to see some new faces. It made Rawan's day having her dad reading with her!
Pictures from our experiment about how mirrors reflect light
Week 3 and 4 Homework
Week 2 - 10.09.18 - Important documents
A fantastic first full week back in Year 6. Thank you to everyone for ensuring that the children have looked smart, have been prepared with PE Kits and punctual in the morning. A fabulous start!
We will be uploading our homework booklet on a fortnightly basis along with any other documents we feel you would benefit from or be interesting in seeing.
The Year 6 Team
Hello and welcome back!
We trust that you have enjoyed the Summer break as much as we all have. During the first few days back, we have been really impressed with how the children have settled back in to school. They are calm. They are focused. They are ready to tackle their all important, final year at John Clifford School. We are so excited to be sharing this very special time with them and look forward to working closely with you this year.
On Wednesday 12th September 2018, please join us for our Meet the Teacher meeting, which will give you a chance to meet the teaching team that will be working with your children this year.
Here are a few reminders and dates for your diary that we think you might need to know. We will keep you updated of any more as they arise.
- Please ensure that your children are on the playground ready to come in to school by 8.45 am. Our morning work sessions, which run from 8.55 to 9.10 every morning, are a really important way of, not only settling the children in to school each morning but also form an integral part of their learning for the week.
- PE kits should be in school EVERY DAY. PE will usually be on a Tuesday but we will be running every day and the children will need their trainers for this.
- Should you need to speak to either one of us, the best time to catch us is normally straight after school on the playground.
- 12th September 2018 - Meet the Teacher meeting 3.40pm
- 26th October 2018 - INSET Day
- 29th October - 4th November - Half Term
- 5th - 9th November 2018 - Kingswood Residential
Miss Kyle and Mr Morris
Some useful web-links to support learning: