Work to do at home this week
You are all amazing!! Try the class BLOG!
WELCOME TO SUMMER TERM-
Our topic this term is growing. So some activities you could do at home that link to the topic
- Read or watch the story of Jack and the beanstalk. https://youtu.be/zurz-pL-uzw
- Draw around everyone's feet and cut it out, measure who has the biggest feet in your home?
- Make a beanstalk using toilet rolls and retell the story.
- Plant some beans in different ways- in a pot with soil, in a clear bag stuck to the window, in a dark cupboard, in the fridge- see which grows best. Draw your bean growing or keep a growing diary.
- Write a blog to your friends telling them what you have been doing, include some of your work.
- Help make beans on toast or a bean salad.
- Play outside - who has the biggest stride? How far can you jump? Play the bean game- jumping bean/broad bean/Mexican bean/chilli bean/runner bean/baked bean/long string bean.
- Practise writing numbers to 20/writing letters/ writing tricky words/ write a sentence/ or even a short story.
- Wash your hands regularly and remember sun cream if you are out in the garden.
- Log on to this page for some simple maths lessons https://www.thenational.academy/online-classroom/reception/#schedule
Have a look at https://www.gonoodle.com Lots of lovely games and activities.