Summer 2, Week 6 list
This week's spellings are all adverbs of manner.
Have a go at this week's spellings. Don't forget to split them up into syllables and sounds like we do in our spelling lessons.
We'll do one together -
rapidly - 3 syllables - ra / pid / ly
1st syllable has 2 sounds /r/ /a/ spelt r a
2nd syllable has 3 sounds /p/ /i/ /d/ spelt p i d
3rd syllable has 2 sounds /l/ /ee/ spelt l y
r a / p i d / l y
Can you split the rest of the spellings into syllables and sounds?
To help you, you could work your way through the PowerPoints and then practise the spellings using one of the tips below.
There are also some other activities you can use to help you learn the spellings:
Different ways you could practise your spellings:
- Look, say, cover, write, check
- Ask someone else to test you
- Write your spellings in different colours
- Write sentences including your spelling words (Challenge: can you write a short story using as many words from one week as possible? It can be as silly as you like!)
- Create a mnemonic (e.g. because: Big Elephants Can Always Understand Small Elephants)
- Create a wordsearch including your spelling words
- Practise your spellings out loud in funny voices
- Can you think of any other ways to help you learn your spellings?