SUMMER 1 WEEK 3 WEEK COMMENCING 4/5/20
This week we are going to look at patterns and art from another place in Africa called 'Mali'. Look at the pictures below and see how the Malian people create their patterns. Look carefully at their work and think of answers to these questions:
1. What materials do they use?
2. What tools did they use to create their patterns?
3. How might they have used their tools (gently, softly, with lots of pressure, light pressure)?
4. What different types of line do you see?
5. What types of shape do you see?
Can you have a go at making your own Malian mud patterns?
This can be done on the ground outside, or if you can use some paper that would also work.